- Sacred Heart, Boggabri
- 1911 (Church and school shared building until 1918)
Principals and enrolled number of students:
|Year||Principal||Feb Enrolment||Aug Enrolment||Oct Enrolment|
|1911-1984||Srs of St Joseph|
|1998- 2000||Chris Sheridan|
|2001||Rick McEvoy (Acting Principal)|
|2002 – 2004||Paul Ryan||54 – Aug 2003|
|2005 –||Rick McEvoy|
61 – Feb 2005
33- Feb 2008
34- Feb 2009
43 – Aug 2006
35 – Aug 2007
History of School
Sacred Heart School was founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1911. The Sisters of St Joseph were founded by the Blessed Mary MacKillop, who died in 1909, so possibly the creation of a convent and school at Boggabri were amongst her last decisions.
Until 1918, the Sisters conducted School in the church. Fr Daniel Keane was made Parish Priest of Gunnedah in 1918 and in that year he built a new school, which occupied the site of the present school building. In 1965 a new brick building was opened and blessed by Bishop E J Doody. The administration building was added in 1985 and blessed by Bishop H J Kennedy.
The Sisters of St Joseph were in charge of the school until 1980 and continued to teach until 1984 with Sr Roseanne being the last Sister to teach at the school.
The first lay Principal was Pam Smith (1981).