Employment as a Teacher
In order to be employed as a Teacher in the Armidale Diocese you must;
- Hold relevant educational qualifications;
- Have accreditation with NESA (NSW Education Standards Authority);
- Have completed all practicums (including Final Internship if applicable);
- Have a valid working with children check clearance; and
- Have the right to work in Australia.
You must read the following information before completing an application.
- Employment Collection Notice 2017
- Bishop’s Commission for Catholic Schools – Framework for the Accreditation of Staff in Catholic Schools.
- Code for Professional Conduct in the Protection for Children and Young People
- Fair Work Information Statement – July 2016
Teacher Application Form – updated February 2018 – This is a generic form which is used for both advertised teaching vacancies and for casual teaching applications.
Recognition of Previous Service
The Catholic Schools Office is committed to recognising previous service for teachers consistent with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017 and ensures that each teacher is paid at the salary level appropriate to the range of qualifications and experience that they bring to the role. The Guidelines for Recognition of Previous Service for Teachers – Standards Classification (v126.96.36.1998) outlines the type of service that may be recognised and the process for having such service recognised.