Employment as a Teacher
In order to be employed as a Teacher in the Armidale Diocese you must;
- Hold relevant educational qualifications;
- Have accreditation with NESA – Teachers who have worked in a NSW school since before 1 October 2004, and have not had a break from teaching of more than 5 years, do not currently need to be accredited. From 1 January 2018, all teachers will need to be accredited to continue, return to or start teaching in a NSW school;
- Have completed all practicums (including Final Internship if applicable);
- Have a valid working with children check clearance; and
- Have the right to work in Australia.
You must read the following information before completing an application.
- Employment Collection Notice 2017
- Bishop’s Commission for Catholic Schools – Framework for the Accreditation of Staff in Catholic Schools.
- Code for Professional Conduct in the Protection for Children and Young People
- Fair Work Information Statement – July 2016
Teacher Application Form – updated May 2017 – This is a generic form which is used for both advertised teaching vacancies and for casual teaching applications.