Incentives and Support
The CSO will provide a relocation allowance up to $3,000 for all permanent teaching positions, which require the successful applicant to geographically relocate.
- 0 – 100 km (geographical distance from the current place of residence to the school): no assistance
- 101 – 500 km (geographical distance from the current place of residence to the school): $1,500
- 501 km or more (geographical distance from the current place of residence to the school): $3,000
The Relocation Subsidy is also payable, as per above, on transfers within the Armidale Diocese.
Please note that recipients of the Diocese of Armidale Teacher Education Scholarships are not covered under the Relocation Subsidy, as recipients receive a one-off Appointment Allowance of $3,000.
The CSO will provide an accommodation allowance of $100 per week for all new permanent teachers to the Diocese (pro-rata for part-time staff) for a period of 12 months. Except in those instances where the CSO provides subsidised rental assistance.
*The above incentives are effective for positions commencing on or after the 28th January 2020.
Special Diocesan Allowance
Teachers in Mungindi and Walgett will receive the Special Diocesan Allowance of $2,870 per annum ($110.08 gross per fortnight) (pro-rata for part-time), as per the Enterprise Agreement, as amended or replaced.
*The above incentives do not apply to Principal or CSO positions.
Support for Early Career Teachers
The Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Armidale provides support for Early Career Teachers by providing:
- 18 relief days for First-Year Early Career Teachers and their supervisor. These days are used to develop teacher practice and to work towards Proficient Teacher Accreditation with NESA.
- 9 relief days for Second-Year Early Career Teachers and their supervisor. These days are used to develop teacher practice and to work towards Proficient Teacher Accreditation with NESA.
- An allocated supervisor.
- An allocated mentor depending on the context of the school.
- Professional Development days designed to support understanding of NESA requirements for Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- Further support by the way of the CSO Performance and Development Officers.
For further information on Support for Early Career Teachers, please contact one of our Performance and Development Officers on 6772 7388.
Support for Further Study
To support the study needs of all permanent and temporary school and system staff, the CSO offers Financial Support for Further Study by way of reimbursement (up to 50% of course or unit fees) for those who are studying to meet Religious Education and Leadership requirements as outlined in the Diocesan Religious Education Accreditation Framework, general curriculum and relation education areas. The CSO will also provide support for non-teaching staff in study related to their role in supporting the work of schools.
For further information on how the Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Armidale may assist you with further study, please contact one of our Performance and Development Officers on 6772 7388.