Parents and Families
For more than 20 years the Council of Catholic School Parents (CCSP) has been providing leadership, advocacy and support to Catholic school parents across NSW/ACT.
The CCSP is the peak representative body for the parents of students in Catholic school in NSW/ACT. The CCSP represents the families of more than 250,000 students. Members of the CCSP State Council are the eleven representatives of the diocesan school systems and a representative from the group of Congregational schools. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents also have direct representation on the Council.
CCSP is the officially recognised body representing the interests of parents and families in Catholic schools on the Catholic Education Commission and with the NSW Catholic Bishops as well as with Government and other agencies.
CCSP provides a voice for families in educational decision making at the state and national levels. CCSP seeks, especially, to give a voice to those families who are ordinarily excluded from key decision making.
CCSP advocates for quality education for ALL children irrespective of the type of school they attend, parental choice and equity.
It is the aim of the CCSP to provide:
- to assist in the formation of parent bodies at diocesan and local levels
- to shape public policy in education to be inclusive
- to provide effective communication and participation through websites, newsletters, emails & conferences
- to build strong relationships with our partners in Church and school
- to understand emerging issues and communicate to constituents
- to promote strong links between families, schools and Church
- to provide development opportunities for parent bodies
- to coordinate electoral strategy and campaigns at state level
- to develop a range of online resources and services
- the website has regularly featured and updated articles, hot topics, Catholic education in the media and snapshots such as conferences for parents and the Annual Report.
Partners4Learning is a web resource for parents, teachers and administrators empowering school communities to build effective family, school and community partnerships to support learning and wellbeing. This resource was developed by the CCSP with funding from the Australian Government.
Better Together, Catholic School Advisory Councils is the latest web resource for schools, parents, teachers and parish to build and sustain informed and effective school advisory councils to enhance engagement and learning outcomes.
You can subscribe to the newsletters Parent Talk and CCSP eNews on the CCSP Website and you can follow the Council of Catholic School Parents and the resources at;